Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Fungal infection in labia majora, given Candifem to apply, antifungal tablet. Scar remains, recurring. Permanent cure ?

i had fungal infection in the labia majora region from past many months i showed it to skin doc it dint improve den i showed it to gynac she gave me candifem cream to apply after applyin gentian voilet stain.. she also gave me antifungal tablet for one day.. now its improving but the scar is still thr .. its takin too long to go.. n now i am down n again it has started itching.... i dunno if it ll reccur or ll get cured.... plz help
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  352
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello ma'am.

It appears that you are sufferring from a recurrent infection or one that has not been treated adequately. In all such cases it is best to conduct a culture examination to determine the exact infection and the best and most effective treatment options available.

Also, during the treatment phase and at least 7 days after the last course of medication, please avoid sexual contact of all forms. Also, it is best to use a more potent and higher grade of medication and for a longer duration than usual to avoid recurrences. It is also good to look for other sources or causes for the infection as if this is present it will have to be addressed.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.
Answered: Sun, 29 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor