Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Fungal infection in anus, frequently passing motion, spread of athletes foot ?

hi there, my 7 year old son has recently started having accidents or small poos in his pants. I have done some investigating and found out he is itching his bum and i think this may be why he is having these accidents. It seems to happen just when he has gone to bed so i thought he might have a fungal infection and wondered what creams or talcs i should use. He also has athletes foot , could this have spead?
Asked On : Fri, 6 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  267
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
The history that you give suggests a possible pin worm infection.These worms colonise the anal region and come out at night to cause intense anal pruritis(itching bum).If this is the case this can be cured by a single dose of albendazole which can be taken after consulting your paediatrician
Answered: Fri, 6 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor