Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

From childhood I am suffering from cough problems

hello, i am 23 years old.from childhood i am suffering from cough problems.Problem starts after 5to 6 months.But now it is on peak.thisis a very big problem for me.I could not concentrate on studies and work.people hatev to talk me.plz tell me some thing.I am a fat person ,my hight is165 cm and weight is 89 kg.
Asked On : Thu, 7 Apr 2011
Answers:  8 Views:  304
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Your problem due to many causes like- allergic, sinusitis, tb. You should go for some investigations-
CBC, ESR, Absolute eosinophyl count .
Chest x-ray
HRCT Chest
You should avoid very cold seasons ,or you can take asthalin inhaler 2 puff once a day whenever required.
Answered: Sat, 13 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Diabetologist Dr. Rajesh Yadav's  Response
Welcome to HCM forum
You got this chronic cough since 5 to 6 month. You may have TB. Allergic bronchitis or else. For that you have to do some investigation like sputum for afb. CT scan of chest CBC ESR. Consult chest physician for further management. Dont worry.
Take care
Thank you
Answered: Sat, 13 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Having cough from childhood deserves extensive clinical examination and effort to find the cause as it could indicate infection like TB, or it can even be due to chronic sinusitis with post nasal drip for example. There is treatment for most conditions which is whey I suggest you see the Doctor and get a thorough checkup. Avoid eating irritating food to the throat, spicy food, hard or hot food. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. Drink plenty of water. Exercise daily to become fit by atleast brisk walking for 40 minutes a day.
Answered: Sat, 30 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
I agree that you might have allergic cough.
But before we stamp as allergic cough we should evaluate certain conditions.
Go for X ray chest,
Blood TC,DC,ESR.blood sugar,
There is one condition Eosinophilia, if not treated cough will continue for long time.
Reduce weight,
Avoid fried,chillies and junk food.
Do respiratory exercise regularly.
Ok and bye.

Answered: Sat, 30 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale's  Response
you have a long standing cough which needs a compleate investigations including Hb%, Tlc ,Dlc, Esr, Mx. test, blood suger,x ray chest, evaluation test, stools test for worms,skin exam. for exema or infection ,sputum culture &many as per need. Please consult a chest &allergy specialist to get a specific diagnosis &treatment.
In modern medicine any thing &every thing has treatment so please don't worry.&don't neglect.
You also need few lifestyle changes.
-Eat healthy&low calory food ,avoid the food that instgates cough.
-do mild exercises daily inpollution free atm.(walking)
-Do respiratory exercises (Pranayama)daily
-avoid exposure to cold
-try to be more hyginic -viz.- holding hankerchief on mouth while speaking,coughing.aviod spitting in public place. you should spit in a basin with open tap-running water. this will avoid spread of bacterias & people will interact with you safely.
Sorry, if I am v. straight forward,but it's for your own benifit.
wish you all the best.Thank you.

Answered: Sat, 30 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Jitender Chauhan's  Response
Hello, welcome to HCM. The long duration of states that the cause is primarily some allergic cause or any inflammatory source rather than infection. You should get yourself evaluated for blood tests and chest x ray. You should visit a doctor who would be able to examine you in a better way. You also need to tell me wether you have sputum in your cough as it could also be due to chronic bronchitis. You should avoid going into areas of heavy air pollution and avoid smoking till than. Wish you good health.
Answered: Thu, 11 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Every cell in the body is the consequence of your intake. Whether allergic, due to eosinophils or due to TB, you need to check the diet if you are not a smoker. If you are a smoker, just don't expect any treatment and continue coughing for life time. According to Ayurveda, the main cause of cough is some kind of body reflex due to Apan vayu. If not any solution, it can only be treated by basti treatment which attacks the root of the causative factor. Second important thing, avoid sugar and milk products if more than twice in a day (even tea). Excess sugar leads to increased chances of infection in the body. Therefore before any operation on diabetic patient, the blood sugar is brought to normal. You may agree or not is a different story, I am confident about my views which is the result of over 25 years of clinical experience.
Answered: Sat, 30 Jul 2011
  User's Response
Hi !
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Is your cough associated with other problems like phlegm,fever, running nose, nasal blockage, throat irritation? Since you are suffering from cough since long time you must consult a physician and get certain necessory investigations done like Haemogram, chest Xray,Thyroid tests etc. as per their advise. Further you can always consult a Homoeopathic doctor for getting relief from any respiratory allergy.

Thanks and take care
Answered: Thu, 7 Apr 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor