Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Frequent urination, smoker, stopped, drink water alot. What is the cure?

Hi,From last few years I need to go to toilet very frequently.I was a smoker for 17 years but now it is almost 7-8 years I have stopped smoking .I also feel a need to go to toilet everytime after I eat some food.And yes I do pass some amount of stool everytime I go to toilet.(near about 7-8 times in a day).I do eat my breakfast @ 9.30-10 a.m. lunch @ 14.00 to 15.00 hrs and dinner @22.30 to 23.00 hrs. Lot of black tea in a day. I drink lot of water.Nearly no excercise at all. Stress levels medium.Please suggest me solution for this problem
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  46
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM.

Thank you for your query.

First of all, you should always mention your age and sex in any query. This would be obvious information during a live one-on-one consultation, but during an e-consultation, you will have to provide these details.

First coming to your problem of frequent urination. If you are a male, and approaching or beyond the age of 50 years, then it would be wise to get your prostate checked, as enlargement of the prostate is an age-related problem, as usually results in urinary tract infections (UTIs) which can present in the form of frequent urination.

And if you are a female with such a presentation, you will have to visit a gynecologist to rule out all gynecological causes for such symptoms, which according to you have lasted for quite a few years.

Whether, male or female, you will have to get your urine tested, as this will confirm or rule out the presence of a UTI.

Next we shall talk about your stool problem. It appears that you could be suffering from some bowel of gastrointestinal(GIT) problem. Although you are well hydrated, your lifestyle does not look very healthy to me.

I request you to visit a gastroenterologist who will take down your history, make note of your physical presentation and suggest the most likely diagnosis. From the brief description provided by you, I am suspecting irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) which presents in the following way:
-Abdominal bloating during an episode of IBS (or aggravated state)
-Abdominal pain or cramping
-Diarrhea or constipation
-Mucus in the stool (rare)

The most important information on IBS, is on the triggering factor. Triggering factors are food or drinks that irritate the gut in an individual resulting in all the above mentioned symptoms. Discontinuing the consumption of triggering factors can prevent episodes of IBS for years together. Some of the most common triggering factors are: tea, coffee, caffeine, sugar containing drinks, popcorn, oily/fatty/fried food, chocolates, dairy products, alcohol, etc. I thus request you to please consult a doctor and get yourself examined.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications. I would gladly help you.

Best wishes.
Answered: Wed, 24 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor