Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Frequent urination, cramps, pressure in underbelly. What is your idea?

lately i feel need to urinate times and times and sometimes i feel a cramp in my sides around my waist when i refer to bathroom i find out the amount of urination is not much enough to make that pressure and tension in my underbelly parts it took a couple of days i was like that but i got better afterwards i thought it might be my prostate or bladder.....whats your idea?
Asked On : Thu, 20 Dec 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  45
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
hi there, frequent urge to urinate may be one of the symptoms to urinary tract infection,you could get your urine examined for pus cells and a culture done ,if positive a course of antibiotics will take care of it. If not then you may need to get an ultrasound abdomen done to rule out any other underlying condition,. for now drink plenty of fluids and do not withhold urine,rather evacuate your bladder periodically. Take care.
Answered: Fri, 21 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Emergency Medicine Specialist Dr. R.A. Singh's  Response
Thanks for writing your query.

It will be helpful if you mention your age also because prostrate problem usually happen in males more than 40 years of age.

Your symptoms are more indicative of Urinary Tract Infection (UTI). So I would like to suggest you that you should get your urine examined (Routine/Microscopic and Culture/Senstivity) and start the antibiotic accordingto the culture report.

Also drink lots of pure filtered water and avoid spicy foods.
I hope this is helpful to you.
Answered: Thu, 20 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Nephrologist Dr. Aditya Bhabhe's  Response
Thanks for the query.
You have not mentioned your age.
If you have trouble urinating with abdominal pain it could be infection or an obstruction due to enlarged prostate etc.
You should have a urine analysis and an ultrasound of the kidneys and bladder.
Depending on the results you may need to see a urologist.
Hope this helps
Good luck.
Answered: Fri, 21 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor