Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Frequent urination, burning, bleeding on urinating, back pain. Drinking cranberry juice. Treatment?

I started having symptoms late Burns after I pee and I go every 5 minutes And now there is blood . Its started to hurt my lower abdomen and lower back. I can t even leave the bathroom now I m in that much pain. I ve been drinking water and cranberry juice today. I don t know what else to do and I have no insurance.
Asked On : Wed, 12 Sep 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  92
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine 's  Response
Hello casandra.acevedo96,
Welcome to healthcaremagic.
Please allow me to empathise with you.
From your name i feel you are a woman, therefore i picked your question.
The symptoms you describe appear to me as a severe vaginal infection rather than an infection of the urinary tract. Cranberry juice may help in urinary infections but i doubt whether it will help ease the symptoms in your case.
May i suggest you pick up any antibiotic vaginal pessary from your local pharmacy. These are likely to be available over the counter without a prescription. If this is not possible get some Povidone Iodine Lotion from the pharmacy, put 2-3 capfulls in a warm tub of water and sit your buttocks in that tub. Alternately you could take a swab soaked in this lotion and directly smear it over the lower genital areas as well as inside the vagina.
Please check from the pharmacy whether a vaginal infection tablet kit is available over the counter. This contains 4 medicines to be taken by mouth, approved as primary treatment for vaginal infections.
i presume the blood that you talk about is coming from the vagina. If not, you will need investigations for urinary infections.
If your abdomen or back is hurting, some anti-inflammatory tablet will help but if the pain is in the lower genital area, you will need a doctor to rule out Herpes.
May i suggest that you and your partner, if any, abstain from sex till you are ok and to use condom whenever you have sex because all vaginal infections are sexually transmitted.
Hope this helps take care of the misery that you are in.

Answered: Wed, 12 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Monika Yadav's  Response
My dear Casandra,
You need to visit a physician Asap.the symptoms you present are probably a sign of severe urine tract infection or renal stone.yet you need to undergo a battery of tests like,urine routine,complete blood count,ultrasonography(lower abdomen) to reach to any diagnosis/confirm diagnosis.
Anyways at present to supress your pain you can have any antispasmodic.You are doing very right by having plenty of fluid and cranberry juice,yet I would sincerely advise you to visit a Urologist or even a physician to have immediate cure and thus avoiding any complications.Please do take care dear.All the best.
Answered: Wed, 12 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor