Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Frequent urination, UTI symptoms, cuts in labia, ulcers, sores, Menopausal?

My married partner of many years is showing some signs of concern as is his wife. She has shown symptoms of a UTI (burning also frequent urination ). The UTI cleared with antibiotics then came back immediately. This has cleared again. Since this my partner has encountered some mild burning sensation on urinating. Over a number of months he s had some trouble starting his urination and some on off frequent urination though this has mostly passed. Today there was some irritation inside the head of his penis and he s weeped some spots of blood throughout the day noticeable at the end of urination especially. This has never happened before. Over the last few days he has lost all erections including morning ones though we expect this is stress from the grief of a relative s ill health. He works in a dirty bacterial environment. Could this be an STD or a shared UTI or something bacterial? The bleeding is most concerning me. I myself have had no issues other than a few months ago a couple of sores appeared after rough sex. Almost like ulcers inside labia area but I believed them to be cuts. They appeared to have got infected but it cleared within the week. We re awaiting a urine test result for my boyfriend though it s taken so long. Can you advise what you would expect as causes? By the way my partner is 50 years old and his wife a year younger. She s experiencing the menopause .
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  95
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM,

The symptoms of burning urination, bleeding ulcers on the genitalia suggests sexually transmiited disease (STD).
Both you and your partner need to undergo some tests.
First of a urine test - both routine and microscopy to look for any evidence of infection.
Secondly, is there any evidence of discharge in you or your partner. If yes, you need to get the discharge examined to look for any evidence of infection.
The exudate from the ulcers can also be tested. The infectious agent can also be isolated from the ulcers.
The urinary tract and the genital tract communicate with each other so infection of one system can spread to the other.
In case any infection is present, both the partners need to be treated and should not indulge in sexual intercourse till the infection clears away.
Your partners wife can also have the infection so she also needs to be tested and treated.
Consult a veneralogist for clinical examination, relevant investigations and management.

Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja P Wahal

Answered: Fri, 2 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor