Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Frequent urination. Had a urine examination, nil sugar, nil acetone. Worry?

My wife is 28 years old. She had a complaint for frequent/constant urine . Upon Doctor recommendation an UDR get examined. Result is reproduced below for your expert opinion: CHEMICAL Protein----Nil Sugar---Nil Acetone---Nil Bile Pigment---Nil Bile Salt----Nil Urobillinogen----Normal MICROSCOPIC Leucocytes--- 1-2/HPF Red Cells----Nil Epithelial Cells----(+)/HPF Casts----Nil Crystal-----Nil
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  60
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM.

Thank you for your query.

From the above mentioned details of the urine analysis, there appears to be no abnormality. A few leucocytes are present, but this is inconclusive.

Pleas discuss the possibility of an abdominal and pelvic ultrasound to see if your wife's complaints could be caused due to pressure from surrounding structures. Also, if the ultrasound reports inconclusive results; a urine culture examination, glycemic profile and screening for sexually transmitted diseases should be conducted.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications. I would gladly help you.

Best wishes.
Answered: Mon, 18 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor