Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Frequent urge to urinate, burning sensation, muscle pain at vaginal area. Urine and culture showed pus cells and Ecoli. Treatment?

Hi Sir, My wife is having following symptoms from last five days: * burning sensation while passing urine * muscle pain at vaginal area * and she is feeling to pass the urine urge She had sever UTI 3years back, and again occurred now also, this time so far not that much sever. at that time treated with imipenem cilastatin antibiotic. we have given urine sample for Routine exam and Culture Urine Routine exam result is : pus cell: 6-8 Culture result: E Coli : with colony count 10^5 part of culture report almost 15 antibiotics are senstive: Ampicillin , Cefuroxime , Impenem, Ofloxacin, Norfloxacin , Ciprofloxacin, amikacin .. so many others are there, out of them most of them are injections and very costly our gynecologist prescribed to use Monocef O 200mg for 5days. considering her past history and present situation, could you please give us valuable suggestions hat are the precautions do we need to take, what are the reasons for re-occurring UTI for her. and one more thing I would like to know, do I need to use along with her
Asked On : Thu, 19 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  222
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for your query,
I think Monocef O will work so continue taking it for 5 days if then after your symptoms remains you first go for urine test again to know presence of pus cells.
if you expose more antibiotics there were more chances to become resistant .
If the another test shows presence of pus cells then Amikacin is the best choice.
Urinary tract infection occurs due to infection of pelvic area ,less driking water ,by wearing wet underclothes,sexual act etc,
Answered: Fri, 20 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor