Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Frequent shoulder dislocations. Severe pain. On physical therapy. Need to go to emergency? Treatment options other than surgery?

I have had a problem with my shoulder for years- I have done physical therapy and at times my shoulder dislocates. Recently I have been in a lot of pain where I can barely move my arms and I have gone to my doctor which pretty much stated that its out of her hands and can t help me. I have state insurance so nobody really wants to see me or touch me. Since nobody will help me- am I better off going to the er and have them do tests and treat me for my pain? I have elected not to do a surgery that shaves down my bones so they fit in the shoulder socket so what are my next options?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  16
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
From history it seems that you might be having sublaxation of shoulder joint giving rise to recurrent dislocation.
This might be due to lax shoulder muscles.
In this case Arthroscopic surgery may need.
consult orthopedic surgeon and get examined.
Ask about alternative to surgery like strengthening shoulder muscle exercises etc.
Meanwhile avoid full joint movement to prevent recurrence.
Ok and take care.
Answered: Sun, 8 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor