Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Frequent outbreak of pimples in the pubic area followed by reddening, hardness and pain in the area, difficulty in walking, sitting. No improvement with antibiotics. How can I cure them?

i am getting these pimple like things around my underwear looks like a small pimple at matter how much i wash it with soap and apply betnovate - C, it still becomes bigger and the area around it becomes red. then the whole area becomes hard and pains a lot when pressed. i cant sit or walk properly. it had happened thrice earlier and everytime it left a mark. I had consulted a doctor earlier and he suggested some ant-biotics and a cream called B-Muce. i thought they wont come again...pls help.
Mon, 28 Oct 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query.

You might have developed recurrent folliculitis.

These are deep bacterial infections.

Treatment is with antibiotics but the choice of antibiotics should be based on culture and sensitivity tests.

Please meet a dermatologist for exact diagnosis.

Let me know if you have any other doubt.

you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.

Wishing you a good health.
Thank you

I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor