Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Frequent loo, few drops come out after putting lot of pressure. What could be wrong?

HI i am 28 years old i have the same problem and is so intense during night time. first time it goes normally but after that every five min i have to go to loo and only few drops comes out that too i have to put lot of pressure. as soon as i come back to bed i feel i have not completed this continues and no sleep. i consulted few docs and all the results came negative( kidney, liver, pelvis, abdomen, and also prostrate).I'm really worried. this is since two months.

Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM.

Thank you for your query.

It appears as though you could be suffering from a urinary tract infection (UTI). As you have not mentioned anything about getting your urine tested, I would advise this. Let me list a few of the most common symptoms of a UTI. But, please note that not all these symptoms need to be present to suspect a clinical diagnosis of a UTI. The symptoms are:
-Frequent urination
-Increased urge to pass urine, but reduced amount of urine passed
-Burning sensation while urinating
-Itching around genitals
-Blood in urine (rare)
-Cloudy urine
-Discharge (also rare; and mostly indicative of sexually transmitted infections/diseases)

Please visit your doctor and request for a urine analysis and culture examination. These will help confirm the infection and provide information of the most suitable medication that can be used.

If a urine analysis and culture reports a normal result, you could go about screening for sexually transmitted diseases.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications. I would gladly help you.

Best wishes.
Answered: Tue, 16 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Prabhakar 's  Response
Dear sandeep
You didn't mention whether you have fever associated with urinary problem. But seeing your symptoms i suggest you for USG abdomen and urine analysis. Usually in urinary tract infection same symptoms will be there. If urine routine is normal, then go for urine culture and sensitivity test at good laboratory. If that is also negative then consult general surgeon to rule out any stricture in the urethra.
Answered: Mon, 15 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor