Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Frequent fungal infections. History of portal hypertension with cavernous malformations, enlarged spleen and liver damage. Whom to consult?

I have received blood work results with a wbc of 2.1. platelets of 49,000, mpv of 12.3, and gfr est of 57. I have portal hypertension with cavernous malformations, enlarged spleen , 1/4 liver damage. I can not seem to get rid of fungal infections, etc. Who should i see-hemotologist, nephrologist or my hepatologist? I seem to get the run around. (ps. had splenic-renal shunt surgery in 2003)
Asked On : Mon, 15 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  42
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
you required to trated by team of Dr
so i advice to consult a multispeciality tertiary care centre where hepatologist , haematologist , nephrologist and infection control incharge all available in one roof
because our body organs function is directly or indirectly related to each other
get well soon
take care
Answered: Wed, 31 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor