Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Frequent chest infections. Diagnosed with lung cancer spread to liver and wind pipe. Which stage is the cancer?

Hi my mum has been ill for one year or more with chest infections and has recently been diagnosed with lung cancer which has travelled to her wind pipe and liver she used to be a smoker. would i be right in saying she may have had this developing for at least a year would i be right in saying its possibly small cell lung cancer and its probably around stage 3
Asked On : Mon, 10 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  46
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Oncologist, Radiation 's  Response
small cell lung cancer generally staged like limited and extended stage disease. anyway as in your mother the disease has already spread to liver it can be staged like M1b or stage 4 or in small cell background extensive disease. small cell cancer are highly chemosensitive, so chemotherapy are the option. hope she will respond to treatment. take care.
Answered: Sat, 16 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor