Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Fractured ribs after landing on back. Been lifting weight. What can help me?

Doc, hellos there I m just wondering I fell down the stairway landing on my back fractured 7 ribs I m still in pain even though I m taking pain pills especially when I m sleeping How long to heal my broken ribs coz I use to run and lifting weights when I can start going back To the gym is been 23 days now V/r Heldy
Asked On : Wed, 26 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  103
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 's  Response
Rib fracture usually heals by itself when provided with conservative management. You should wait for at least 6 weeks before you can proceed to light exercises and do not lift weights for at least 3 months after injury since you have had fracture of so many ribs. Weight lifting during this interim period might cause severe pain and impair the remodeling process. Try also to sleep at a position which gives you maximal comfort.
Answered: Fri, 28 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor