Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Fractured pubic symphysis. What can be done to aid recovery?

hello, my boyfriend has a fractured pubic symphysis , the clinic doctor he has been seeing has not given him any information as to what he should do to get better. It will be a week or so before he can see a different doctor. I was wondering if there is anything he should be doing to aid in his recovery, ie. resting, keep moving, icing it etc.
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  72
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Thanks for your query.
Applying insulated icepacks on the pelvic area can help to reduce pain and swelling.
Manual therapy and relaxation exercises can be useful for relieving the pain. Physiotherapy increases the range of movement of your hips, pelvis joint and spine. Exercises that focus on strengthening the pelvic floor muscles are particularly useful for this purpose.
Rigid and non-rigid pelvic support belts or girdles available in the market can provide significant relief from the painful symptoms.
Analgesics can be used for relieving severe pain that cannot be managed by any of the above remedies.
I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.
Take care
Answered: Wed, 18 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor