Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Fractured leg in accident, walking with support, not able to bend knee. Procedure to heal completely?

Hi, I m Shibu. I met with an accident 8 month s back and fractured my left leg(Communited supracondylar femur Fracture , type 3 B). Was operated 2month s after the incident.Now walking with the help of support.Not able to bend the knee . Dr says Quadriceps mechanism totally ruptured with ligamentum patella .Is there any procedure to help me to regain my old position, at least bend the knee 90 degree and walk without support.
Asked On : Mon, 2 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  36
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
This is terrible for you. Surely you doctor must have known about your extensor mechanism rupture a the time of the injury. You will not be able to walk unsupported without some degree of function in your extensor mechanism and so an attempt at reconstruction would be worthwhile if an all possible.
Answered: Wed, 2 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor