Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Fractured finger, deformation, swelling. Splint suggested. Alternative options?

hi im 15. during my football season of 2011 i fractured my finger and taped it up and still played with it until the season ended. i went in april of this year and was told it was fractured with deformation and swelling . the doctors from a bone and joint specialist and was told all that could be done was a splint . are there other option
Asked On : Mon, 20 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The treatment of a fractured finger depends on the degree of displacement or angulation. The exact treatment can be advised only after evaluation of the X-rays of the fractured area. You can consult your orthopedician for best management.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Tue, 21 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor