Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Fractured collarbone after an accident. No pain. Need surgery?

Hi, doc, my husband met with a small accident wherein he fractured his collar bone the doc suggested us to go for a surgery and placed a steel plate with 8 screws, i believe when he went for a monthly check-up, doc said that the plate broke.. but my husband does'nt have any pain.. is it ok to leave it like that or should he go for another surgery to remove the plate. kindly suggest us... thanks, god bless.
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  62
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
hi there
fracture of collar bone that is clavicle needs surgery not very commonly.
if fracture is displaced very much then surgery is indicated.
anyhow, if x ray suggesting that plate is broken then you should undergo surgery to remove the plate because a broken hardware(plate) may cause problems like screws migrating into muscle, weakning of the bone, joint movement restrictions.
wishing you best of health.thanks
Answered: Tue, 16 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor