Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Fracture on polio attacked leg. Surgery of supra condullar joint on knee and lower limb, walk without support. Tips to strengthen legs ?

Hi doctor i am 29 years old i had polio attacked one leg, I was fall in and had a fracture on the same leg before 7 months on supra condullar joint on knee and lower limb in THAI. After sugery now 6months gone. Now i am able to walking without any supports . But some time little starin in upper lim of thai. So how i strengthing my legs
Asked On : Mon, 27 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  65
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I would suggest you to meet a physio and learn static quadriceps and dynamic quadriceps exercises. These exercises will improve your thigh muscles and you will get more strength. Although there is some limitation in a poliio affected limb and you must be aware of that. But physio will help you and i can assure you about that.
Answered: Tue, 25 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor