Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Fracture in right elbow, cartilage damage, unable to stretch arm fully, no full functionality in arm. Surgery done. Treatment?

Hello Doctor, My wife had fractured her right elbow very badly. she has been operated but doctor says that the cartilege has been damaged greatly. as a result she won t be able to stretch her arm properly. nor would she get full functionality of her arm. i seek your advice for some proper treatment to recover her properly. waiting eagerly for your reply
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  55
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
hi welcome to hcm
it depends a lot on the type of fracture and how bad it has been shattered , we would require to see her post op x rays and then probably if the fixation is good ,physiotherapy would help in her gaining movements and strength
do get in touch with x rays for advise
wishing you good health
Answered: Fri, 13 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor