Four years ago, I was diagnosed with severe hydronephrosis accompanied

Four years ago, I was diagnosed with severe hydronephrosis accompanied with an infection in the left kidney. My urologist told me that my kidney was the size of a small volleyball while my ureter had the diameter of a sausage. This was caused by a complication of my reflux surgery I had as a 4 year old. Shortly after being diagnosed with hydronephrosis, I had ureteral implantation surgery. I am now 19. My kidney has improved greatly; however, now I have three large kidney stones in my left ureter. I visited the ER a couple of weeks ago I’m which the ER doctor gave me the diagnosis, told me that he believed the stones have been stuck in my ureter for 4 years, and told me to follow up with my urologist. My urologist does not have an opening until January. I am in severe pain and do not believe I can wait until January. I am nauseous and only urinating one to two times a day. I’m wondering if another trip to the ER is justified.
Sat, 20 Oct 2018