Found fat necrosis. Bilateral mx, chemothrapy, reconstructive surgery. Suggest?

Hi I had a bilateral mx, followed by chemotherapy for a large lobular cancer that was not found on routine mammograms. The cancer was on the left hand side and due to suspicious changes on a MRI the left breast was removed for prophylactic reasons. I had the right lymph nodes removed on the right hand side. This left a large fatty mass under my right arm. This was all in August 2010. In September 2011 I had reconstructive surgery with a right lat dorsal flap and bilateral tissue expander s. I have been in considerable pain ever since. The pain is much worse when I am filled with 50cc every 3weeks. I ve had 5 fills so far with another 3 or 4 to go. The pain has been getting worse and I have discussed the matter with the doctor who says that discomfort is normal, she prescribed OxyContin . I have now been to the emergency department and they have done an ultrasound and have found that there was fat necrosis in the fatty mass under my arm. Apparently there is no treatment for this and I have been prescribed one set of OxyContin and panadeine forte for this. I am very concerned as I don t want to have to take such heavy medication and even more concerning is the fat necrosis. is it possible that the fat necrosis is something else? Is this a common side effect of this treatment. There doesn t appear to be any solution as even if I stop the fills I will have to wait 3months before the doctor will remove the tissue expanders. I had postural problems post mx and reconstruction seemed to be the answer to this. At times the pain is so severe that I feel like demanding that the tissue expanders be removed. Can anyone share any similar experiences or offer any suggestions to help me with my pain?
Mon, 11 Mar 2013