Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Foul smell from the penis after eating fish. What is this?

I am a 55yr old man and for many years I have had the following problem -
Each time I consume a fish product, even one lone prawn, about 8 hrs later the head of my penis smells strongly of fish. The larger the portion of fish the stronger the smell.
This can last up to 3 days and despite regular washing the smell remains.
If I avoid fish the smell does not come back.
During a visit to my GP today for another problem, I mentioned this briefly as I was leaving but he said he had never heard of this.
Any ideas?
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  231
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your concern. It might be rare but it seems like you are having an unusual reaction to eating fish. If this does not go away with medications, i.e. anti allergy medications you might have to give up eating fish, if that is not asking for too much. I also think that it might be a good idea to consult an alternative medicine specialist like ayurveda doctor. I hope this helps.

Take care and have a lovely day!
Answered: Wed, 24 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor