Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Foreskin is relatively long, loosen, shrinks inside. Is there any way of treating this condition?

I am 45 years old. My foreskin is relatively long,loosen and shrinks inside when it is in normal position. I can keep it fully exposed but unable to keep it all the time. Without getting it circumcised, is there any way of treating this condition and have my glans always kept exposed by way of Ayurvedic medical treatment.
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  42
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Welcome to healthcare magic
What you are having is perfectly normal. Because the foreskin is long do you face any problems? If not then you should not be overtly worried about it. There is no need for exposing the glans. Only during bath you need to retract the foreskin and clean the glans so that smegma does not accumulate. I don't think there is any ayurvedic treatment for it. Circumcision will work, but why to go for a surgery when what you are having is normal. It won't affect your sexual activity also.
Hope this helped
take care
Answered: Fri, 12 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia's  Response
Dec 2013
Dear Mr. Vipul,
Welcome to HCM.
The changes in your skin are age related. As we proceed in our 4th decade of life our collagen content in the skin declines. This collagen is a very important biochemical in providing strength and luster to the skin. As on the foreskin we have very less fat underlying so the changes of loose and shrunken skin are sometimes evident earlier also. From the skin point of view you can apply some blend/inert moisturizing cream only and should not try any kind of oral or topical medicine of any form as it can cause irritation or other side effects. To the best of my knowledge of 11 years of practice, there is no medicine available in any form of medicine to be applied over this area to satisfy your need. So, Please kindly do not waste your precious money. Even surgery is not required for this condition and kindly reassure yourself, .
With best health wishes,
Dr Sanjay K Kanodia
Answered: Fri, 12 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor