Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Forehead injury, large lump formation, black eye. Icing brought down swelling. Cure?

i went tobogganing and ended up going off a jump and hit the right side of my forehead really hard. There was a huge bump afterwards. I iced it and it has gone down but its still there. Now 2 days later, I see that I have a black eye on my right eye. What should I do help it go away? How long will it take to disappear and should I visit the hospital or a doctor?
Asked On : Wed, 2 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  182
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Anonymous,
I have read your question ,
there is nothing to worry much about it.It is completely curable by using anti inflammatory drugs and antibiotics.
the black eye problem will reduced with in 7-10 days.
I suggest you to consult a near by physician for further medical advice.

Wishing you a good health,
Dr.G.Gayatri devi
Answered: Wed, 2 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. E. Arunraj's  Response
Your black eye will disappear within 2 to 3 weeks .that is due to alteration of pigment hemoglobin color prese.nt in contusion you had in your forehead.
If u don't have headache,vomiting,fits, bleeding from ear nose or mouth or loss of consciousness during injury u may not have any problem.
But any way consulting a doctor in person is best for injury over head
Get well soon

Answered: Wed, 2 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor