Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Forearm injury, severe pain. X-ray detected fine line. Fractured bone?

hi, my husband has just taken our 7 year old son to a and e on fri his sister fell on his forearm it hurts to touch he has been up at night in pain, hey dd an xray , the doc said there was a fine line he cold see but in his opinion he did not think it was broken but he would seek a 2nd opion tom how can he see a line and it not be a fracture
Asked On : Fri, 22 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  29
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.

X-ray findings are to be correlated with clinical examination to diagnose a fracture.

If there is a clear - a hair line fracture and your son complaints of severe pain at the same locations, it can possibly be a fracture. Taking a second opinion is advisable.

In the absence of clinical symptoms, abnormality detected may not be a fracture.

Hope this helps.

Answered: Fri, 22 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor