Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Forcibly confinement of my mother in mental hospital.

My mother had been forcibly confined in a mental hospital . What should I do. All assets are on her name
Asked On : Sun, 4 Jul 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  151
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for writing in.
There is a Mental Health Act in place to guide the rights of treatment of mentally ill patient with regulations regarding confinement and treatment details.
I would request you to get a copy of Mental Health Act and discuss it with the hospital authorities with respect to your mother's treatment.
All details regarding the diagnosis, treatment and legal rights of such patients and their caretakers is given.
Hope this helps.
Answered: Sun, 4 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Radiologist Dr. Radha Narayanan's  Response
Hi Nidhi!
WELCOME TO HCM.i suggest you meet a good lawyer in this regard who can help you how to go ahead in such a case.Take care.
Answered: Thu, 8 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor