For years I have succesfully taken the lowest dose (1

For years I have succesfully taken the lowest dose (1 pill) of the following to get a good night's rest because I suffer from PTSD and panic attacks--especially at night: L-tryptophan; melatonin; a combo of magnesium, potassium, calcium & Vit D (but only 1/2 to prevent diarrhea from the magnesium), and Valerian. I practice all the good sleep habits diligently (only 2 cups of coffee a day and before 8 am, dark cool room with a fan for white noise, etc.,) because proper sleep is very important to delay the onset of Alzheimer's (my mother and her mother had it). Once very two weeks if the news has been very upsetting--I only watch it in the morning-- I'll wake up and despite reading a very dull book and inhaling lavender resort to an Advil Pm.
A month ago I added the lowest dose of 5-HTP and am debating whether to add GABA of inositol. Perhaps I should take more of fewer aids or different aids instead of so many varieties. I have never taken an RX for sleep although I did take RX for PTSD, anxiety, and panic attacks for years, but I stopped about 5 years ago. I am 70 years old with no other health problems.

Fri, 11 May 2018