Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

For which disease shall we do a monto test as there is a blood clot in the injured eye ?

hey, My brother just got an injury in Eye and found to have a blood cloat and Dr. has recommended to take medicines and eye drops. If it gets clear in 2 weeks then its fine else he will be operated. Now my question is that he has been asked to get a monto test done and its positive. So what do he have some disease? Please tell
Asked On : Mon, 4 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  188
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Welcome to Healthcaremagic Forum,
Monospot test is done to rule out Infectious mononucleosis. Sometimes it can be positive in case of previous attack of infectious mononucleosis.
Take care


Dr. Naveen Kumar
Answered: Wed, 20 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor