Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Foot toe heel wart or corn,please tell me the treatment method

How to eradicate or cure warts (corns) in the leg bottom heels ( foot), which is the best n curable treatment cure it.......??? its vry painful ...n more ovr im a diabetic patient too....
Asked On : Sat, 17 Apr 2010
Answers:  3 Views:  827
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Mohan,
welcome to HCM.
Corn in the sole needs to be enucleated surgically, if not responding to local treatment with corn softening preparations containing salicylic acid. These preparations have to be applied for quite some time to soften the corn and is removed by vigorous rubbing of the hardened skin, thus scrapping it out. silicon pads are also available in the market which help in removing the corns.
Antiseptic creams will also be required to control and or prevent infection. If already infected othen oral antibiotics will also need to be taken.
Try to use soft footwear and padding for pressure points, where corns occur.
Wish you all the best.
Answered: Mon, 14 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Puvvula Kishore Kumar's  Response
welcome to HCM.,
Thanks for query.,
Corns in the plantar aspects of leg....common problem.,
It is due to entering of Foreign Body in to the skin and formed protective fibrous layer..,
aroud the Forein body and produce this problem.,
Treatment side..
1) Medical...apply Corn plaster contains Salicyllic acid ring..,
it softens the skin and after gently rubbing that area, it will come out..,
but it is rude technique..,it may infect afterwards....
2) Surgical.. widely acceptable..
only by skilled dermatologist ..
Here with aseptic will remove by..
ENUCLEATION.....Under Local anaesthesia........
so go to Dermatologist and try to solve it ok bye...
Answered: Sun, 18 Dec 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response

It can be excised surgically if it is causing pain. One more technique is scraping away the skin with a skin scraper, after soaking the feet in warm water. You can even try salicylic acid.

Answered: Sat, 24 Apr 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor