Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Foot bone near toe in pain, cramps. On anti-inflammatory pills. Why?

I will be 70 in 2 wks, For the past week, on the bottom of my left foot the bone right after the big toe going towarts the heal is swollen and is quite painfull, Any ideas what could be causing it and should I be using anti-inflamatory pills.
Also I have had problems with my feet in the past and just last week I drove 3ooo km back from Florida and one day I had to stop with cramps in my right foot.

Thank you kindly.

Dave Hall
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  16
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The pain in the right big toe is due to the inflammatory changes in the joint- may be related to gout. This needs a simple blood test for proper diagnosis so that treatment can be started.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,
Answered: Mon, 24 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor