Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Food stuck on soft palate, unable to cough it out, swallow it. Methods of removal?

Any tips on getting something unstuck from my soft palate? I think I have a mini piece of food stuck there. It s near the back, so far as I can tell. Been there since last night and it s driving me crazy. I ve tried gargling , attempting to cough up flegm, opening and closing my mouth funny, and swallowing really hard, but I just don t know how to get it out! Please help!
Asked On : Fri, 2 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  372
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Dear friend there is no specific technique to self remove the stuck foreign body. only thing that you can do is stop eating and try to cough out as forcefully as you can ,. dont try to take out or vomit. you may do traumatise the soft oral mucosa. Presently you should consult the E.N.T Physician. there is very unlikely that you have impacted foreign body in throat. there may be some irritation in throat that may mimic like foreign body.
Answered: Wed, 20 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor