Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Folliculitis on pubic mons. Painless, fluid-filled blisters. No itching

19 year old daughter, sexually active, has folliculitis on pubic mons most like due to shaving in the region. She also has painless blister-type lesions that had some fluid and some pus-like substance. She took the skin off the top of the blister and it is red and moist and somewhat oblong in shape and slightly bigger than a pea. When I viewed the area, I see other areas that may be the remnants of other blisters - on the mons, and labia major. and the area leading toward the buttock. She also noticed what we thought were bug bites on her upper inner thighs a few days ago. She treated successfully for what we think was a yeast infection about a week ago. No pain or itching with the lesions.
Asked On : Sun, 25 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  243
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response

Your daughter may be having folliculitis.

Short course of antibiotics with anti inflammatory drugs might improve the condition.

Improve her hygeine.. Tell her to take sitz bath in dettol water in tub.

Give her nutritius food to improve her immunity.

She may take oral multivitamin capsule.

She might be improved.

You may take her to dermatologist.

I hope you got my answer.


Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Answered: Fri, 16 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor