Flutter feeling in chest near heart.

About a month ago, my husband came down with the flu. He was sick for a few days. He still isnt completely healed. He wakes up in the morning gagging and coughing. I guess it is his sinuses draining. He told me a couple of days ago, that he was having a funny feeling in his chest, like a fluttery feeling kinda beneath his heart. It doesnt hurt. He says it has been going on for about a week. He says it is not constant, just after he eats and when he lies down. I made him go to the convenient care yesterday and they said he needed to go in to have a checkup done. He has an appt tomorrow afternoon. Does anyone know what this could be or has anyone ever experienced this. He is 45 years old. I know we will hopefully get some answers tomorrow, but the waiting is killing me.
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
's  Response
He needs to have an EKG. It sounds like he's having a rhythm problem, but I'm not a doc, so don't take my word for it. I've had arrhythmias for 17 years and that fluttering is what I feel when I am in atrial fib or atrial flutter. It sounds like he is having a vagal trigger response. It happens after a big meal or lays down. I get it when I lay on my left side. Just so you know, the atrial arrhythmias are more annoying than dangerous. I know that anything involving the heart can be scary, but since he'll be getting checked tomorrow - try not to worry.