Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Fluid retention, back pain, swollen body, jaundice, normal kidneys. Treatment?

Hi, My father in law has fluid retention, aching back pain , swelling of the body and jaundice . He has recently gone to the specialist and they said that they could not find any wrong with his kidneys but have up his dose for fluid retention. They said they did find something in his uterus . I am a bit confused and am thinking that my father in law has not told us everything.
Asked On : Sat, 22 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  67
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
I would be very concerned if your father was found to have a uterus, as this is a female organ!
If he has swelling of his body and jaundice he probably has cirrhosis of the liver. If your father is an alcohol drinker then it is probably related to that, otherwise there are many other causes of cirrhosis, the most common ones after alcoholic liver disease, include hepatitis B and hepatitis C, fatty liver disease.
He should be seen by a liver specialist or gastroenterologist for further evaluation, and if needed then a referral for a liver transplant.
Answered: Wed, 26 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor