Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Fluid like lump behind neck, near ears, movable on pressing. Causes and treatment?

I was wondering. I have some weird fluid like lump behind my neck . The bump is about about the size of a 50 cent piece. and is about 4 inches below my ear. It pops when I press on it in a left to right motion or up or down motion. When it pops I ll sometimes get a weird salivia taste which follows the popping. What could this be and do I need to worry about it
Asked On : Sun, 5 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Aug 2013
hello and welcome to health care magic,

You seem to have a salivary gland swelling as described by your symptoms. you need to do these:
-do not press on the lump
-take a course of antibiotic like amox-clav in consultation with your doctor as most of these lumps are secondary to infection
-take lots of water and hydrate yourself properly
-if the lump persists then take an FNAC along with CT of the lump and get back to me or any ENT with the report

hope this helps


Dr Sriram nathan
Answered: Mon, 6 Jan 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor