Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Fluid filled sac on scrotum, no pain or red, STD report negative. Treatment?

Hello =) My question is about a fluid filled sac that I have had for over a year now. It is about the size of a pea, located on the left side of my scrotum , close to my thigh. There is no redness or pain unless palpated, but even then it is minimal. More of an uncomfortable feeling I would say. I think it might be an ingrown hair but I ve had it for so long that I m starting to wonder if it is something different. I do trim my hair around my genitals, and ingrown hairs are a common occurrence for me, but none have stuck around this long. I have drained the fluid from it several times ( starts out a yellowish puss then turns to blood ) but the fluid just keeps filling up again. Sometimes the fluid drains from several pores. I have been tested twice this year for STD s (never mentioning the cyst ) and I have never had any positive results, so I doubt it s an STD. I don t know what this could be. I do not have health insurance, so visiting a doctor at the moment is not really an option. That and I m not even sure what type of doctor to visit if I had the option anyways. Any advice or idea would be appreciated! Thank you very much!
Asked On : Sat, 19 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  146
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Jan 2014
it could be Sebaceous cyst. It might get infected. Better to get it removed and get rid of it permanently
Answered: Mon, 4 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor