Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Fluid filled reddish spot under the penis. Is this a sebacious cyst?

I noticed a red spot on the underside of my penis last week. I have had these before and either popped them or they have gone away on their own. I squeezed this one and it popped but no liquid came out and it kjnd of deflated a is between the scrotum and penis and i think on the vein on the underside of the shaft. It has been a week now and it is still red and due to me constantly checking and touching it is possibly getting bigger again. Is this a sebacious cyst? I have since read online that you should not squeeze them or they will become infected.what should i do?thanks
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  69
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response

scrotum and area around is having higher predilection for sebaceouc cyst.
the way you are describing it,it does look like sebaceous cyst.
but the visual diagnosis is a must.
also you should try to keep hygiene of that part and do not scratch or rub that area with your hands as itt can infect the cyst which then can act little notorious.
else it will heal on
its own.
Answered: Wed, 11 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor