Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Fluid filled blister outside the vagina. Am I having STD?

Hi, I have a pimple like on the top of my vagina (top flat part above close to side), I did not think anything of it because I`ve had pimples down there before. Then it turned to what looked like a blister . It started to ooze clear liquid. It sticks to my underwear and is painful when I have to try and remove it. What can it be? Note: I ve only been with one partner and we were both each others firsts.
Asked On : Thu, 19 Jul 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  57
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Jan 2016
Hallow Dear,

You seemed to have developed some sort of Herpes - mostly genital herpes. It is a sexually transmitted infection.

Being a viral infection, it is self limited; however is known to recur nastily. You have to report either to a Gynaecologist or to a STI Consultant for confirmation and management. In acute phase, some antiretroviral medicines may be useful.

Please get your HIV test done as this infection is frequently found in People Living with HIV.

You should follow sexual abstinence while this infection is active. Utmost sexual hygiene is very important to avoid the recurrence and flaring up of the infection. Since you are having it on the mons venerum, barrier protection like condom may not be providing any protection to the partner.

I hope this helps you.

DR. Nishikant Shrotri
Answered: Fri, 19 Aug 2016
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Aarti Abraham's  Response
Mar 2013
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
It might be herpes, but less likely given your sexual history.
Please consult a doctor to have the diagnosis confirmed.
All the best.
Please feel free to discuss further.
Answered: Thu, 30 Jun 2016
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor