Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Fluid filled blister on leg above ankle. Can it be infected? Diabetic, related?

last night as i went to bed i notced a largewater blister on my left leg above my ankle.its about 3 inches wide painless the skin over it is loose and there is a watery fluid insid and its leaking out slightly. it doesnt look infected.i placed a gauze square over it and taped it down. i also used antibiotic ointment on the pad.i am diabetic and have some circulatory problem. how should i treat it what are the conditios for your advice YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Tue, 4 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  159
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to Healthcaremagic.

You need to have it examined by a doctor so that it doesn't get infected. Keeping in mind the presence of diabetes and circulatory problems, the healing process can be slow.
You should also keep good control of your blood glucose level.

Dr Ahmad
Answered: Tue, 4 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor