Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Fluid filled area behind head, movable lump, another small lump inside it. Cause of worry?

Hi my son is two and half months old, about two weeks ago I notiched a big area on back of his head filled with fluid , its moves from side to side like a water filled ballon, then I have notiched another small lump inside it which also moves when touches and kind of slippery at the feeling, what could this be as I am really worried
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  107
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Hi ! It is but natural to get worried in such a situation. However, after going through the history, I would like to suggest you to take your son to a Paediatrician to exclude any connection of the swelling to the spinal cord of the baby. If it is so,then you may be referred by him to a Neuro Surgeon of the like for treating the condition.
Wushing you an early recovery.
Answered: Sun, 2 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor