Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Fluid discharge from earlobe, white deposit in earlobe. Applied Candid B cream. What to do for full recovery?

I am 27 year old female. For more than a month, I am having fluid discharge from my earlobe(left ear), after sometimes, it dries and turns into a white deposit in earlobe. I have applied candid-B cream for five days and the skin become normal. But, after one week, again the same problem started. Except the fluid discharge, there is no pain, no inflammation and no redness. What I have to do for complete recovery? should I continue the candid-B cream? Earlier, I was wearing tight earrings, I hope that is the reason for skin infection . I want to know the infection type of mine that whether it is bacterial or fungal? I want some medicine suggestion. Thankyou.
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  97
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Aug 2013
hello and welcome to HCM,

I can understand your concern regrading the discharge in the ear lobe and let me tell you that it is a common problem so you do not have to worry about the same much.

You may either be suffering from an infection of the ear lobe or an allergic reaction to the ear ring.

You anyway need to start a course of strong antibiotic like the amoxycillin-clavulanate 625 mg twice daily after food for five days along with an antihistamine like levocetizine once for two weeks. Your doctor will know about these.

You can apply a steroid ointment along with antibacterial like neomycin-b ointment. You need to immediately stop wearing any ear ring for at least two weeks until the area heals completely and even when you start wearing the ear ring you must make sure that the rings are clean.

Avoid wearing artificial or cheap ear rings and wear only pure non reacting gold ear rings.

take care and get well soon

If you are not feeling better then get back to me


Dr Sriram Nathan
Answered: Mon, 21 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

ENT Specialist Dr. Savyasachi Saxena's  Response

You seem to be quite aware of your situation yourself.

Most probably it is skin infection due the ear ring that you were wearing and most of the times it a bacterial infection. So candid -B would not be the right choice.

try applying some antibacterial with steroid combination locally and better wear real gold earrings or those ones which do not cause this kind of problem.Chances are-that if you are not weraing any ear rings right now,you might require a repeat piercing.

thanks. take care
Answered: Fri, 13 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor