Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Fluid, blood from broken blisters after standing on a hot road. Used alcohol, sterile pads. What else can be done?

my husband didnt realize he burn the bottom of his feet standing on the hot road yesterday. got up this morning and there was fluid and blood from the broken blisters all over the flooor when he got up durning the nite. i disinfected the feet with rubbing alcohol and have them covered with sterile pads and wrapped in i do? the blisters are as big as the balls of his feet and a bit of blister on the heals... both feet.
Asked On : Fri, 20 Jul 2012
Answers:  4 Views:  81
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
You can break open the blisters with sterile needle,let the fluid out and apply T.Bact cream twice daily and pad the area with sterile gauze.Since your husband was unaware of the occurence of blisters get his bloodsugar levels[fasting and postprandial]done and if the sugar levels are normal,consult a dermatologist for slitskinsmear earlobe and thorough clinical examination to rule out Hansens and report to me later.
Answered: Fri, 20 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Shanthi.E's  Response

Please apply silverex ointment on the affected areas of blisters thrice daily for about 5 days. It helps in faster healing of the blisters.

Also, continue to apply the sterile pads and wrap loose gauze around it.

He may require a dose of tetanus injection.

Hope this helps.

Answered: Fri, 20 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,Thanks for query.
It seems that there is burn on the feet due to hot road.
Clean the part with Betadine lotion and apply antibiotic cream.
Give rest to the part.
If require he may go for antibiotic oral medicine after consulting your doctor.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Fri, 20 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Sher Bhutto's  Response

Thanks for posting question on HCM,
Your husband has developed blisters due to over heat ,actually the fluid comes between epidermis and dermis to protect inside tissues. You can puncture the large blisters by sterile 22 gauge needle then apply Fucidic acid cream and cover it with sterile gauze pad .if lesions gets pussy or fever develops start tab augmentin625 mg tid for 7 days and tab ibuprofen 400 mg bid and get rest at home for few days.
Hope this will alleviate your anxiety
Dr sher bhutto
Answered: Fri, 20 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor