Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Fluctuating BP, done echo test and blood test. Is medication okay?

Hello Respected Doctor, I am 61, male, suffering from fluctuating BP around 165/95. Echo CD shows: IVS Thickness 13mm, LVPW Thicness 13mm. Blood report shows: Sugar 90/131 (fasting & PP), Urea 27, Creatinine 1.04, Cholesterol 146, Triglycerides 92. My Doctor prescribed me Amtas HT ( Amlodipine 5mg+ Hydrochlorothiazide 12.5mg), Pinom 40 (Olmesartan Medoxomil 40mg), Modlip 10 (Atorvastatin Calcium). My humble question: Are they OK? Is Atorvastatin (Modlip 10) required for the level of my Creatinine 1.04, Cholesterol 146 & Triglycerides 92? Your valuable advice is solicited. Thanks. Sri Debdas Guha from West Bengal.
Asked On : Mon, 22 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  45
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
your doctor has prescribe good medicine for you as per your age ,BP level , 2 D Echo report.
your present medicine for your BP control is good provided you dont get any side effect as well as your BP reamins under controlled
atorvastatin has many good effect apart from just controling your cholesterol level
because of your age , male gender , high BP , left ventricular hypertrophy in echo ,for primary prevention aspect atorvastatin was prescribed
more imp is your LDL level which is not mention here
take care
Answered: Tue, 23 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor