Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Flu, blocked nose, breathing difficulty, coughing. Treatment?

Hi, I m 35 and I had a flu for a couple of days now I have a blocked nose and can t breath at night this causes me to cough aswell at night I ve just started drinking lemon and water and also ate some ginger but my nose is still blocked do I go to my gp I can t sleep properly cos of this. Shall I ask for a amoxillyn and how long would I take it for
Asked On : Sat, 27 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi and thanks for the query
You seem to have an upper respiratory tract infection.
You can use decongestant nose drops and followed by steam inhalation twicw a day to relieve your blocked nose
Avoid air conditioning and cold foods.
See your gp if you dont feel better in 3 more days or if your symptoms get worse in the next 2 days.
Till then drink lots of water and get some rest
Regards Dr Kishori.
Answered: Sat, 23 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor