Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Flat, indented part of skull with a gap in middle on top of forehead. Cause of concern?

At the top of my forehead on the left side, just below the hairline, I have a two-inch long flat/indented part of my skull that seems to have a small gap in the middle, like a line running through it, parallel to the hairline, that I can push the tip of my finger down into. It has been like this for quite a while, with no pain or other symptoms, but it seems to gradually be getting bigger. Is this a cause for concern?
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  353
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

You should understand the problem you are mentioning is very much is not a problem at all. You check with every person, they will have the same problem. it is the skull's normal anatomy. If you check with an infant, the gap will be more prominent. Together with age, the gap lessens. That is all. Increasing gap is just a feeling of anxiety. Don't worry.
Answered: Sat, 13 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor