Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Five year old having a lump on the eyebrow bone after an injury. Swelling not reducing. Should I worry?

My son is five years old and he hit his eyebrow bone about a month ago. He now has a very large(skin colored) lump on this eyebrow bone. His doctor says it will take some time to decrease in size. He has swelling on the side of his head next to his eye and his eyelid has some swelling. Please let me know if this is anything to worry about.
Asked On : Mon, 9 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  307
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Pediatrician 's  Response
I would not worry much, since any lump/lesion in the eyebrow regions will look impresiive due to swelling which happens since there is a lot of soft tissue in that region which tends to swell up.Over the course of time it will dissapear without leaving any scars/marks.If it is painful you can give some paracetamol syrup.In sumary it will go away without any major medical/surgical intervention.regards and have a happy day
Answered: Fri, 5 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor