Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Finger pulled by a major pull. Why am I unable to bend finger?

I was working at the stable today and a horse I was leading bolted. The chain on the lead rope wrapped around my pinky but pulled off quickly. I am able to bend my finger most of the way now; however my finger is really swollen and badly bruised at both knuckles and to the tip, but not between the is white there...I was told to treat it with Arnica gel, but I am not sure what the white in the middle means...? :S Is there a special way I should be treating it?
Asked On : Wed, 26 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response

I think you should see a doctor for this.Even though such injuries seem minor, there might be avulsion fracture of ligament injury.This needs more appropriate treatment or the injury can affect future functioning of finger.Swelling makes me suspicious of serious injury.


Answered: Fri, 28 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor