Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Finger injury, joint slipped out, tendinitis, muscle cramps. Treatment?

about two weeks ago, after i hit a wall my finger feels like it slipped out of place at the second joint . i had to pull it back in to place and apply a splint , then went to the ER. they said there was no break, just tendonitis . now, though it has slipped out of place again and is far too painful for me to relocate the bone. is there something more than tendinitis, and is it possible the bone would go back in place on its own? it feels almost as though there is an intense cramp in my muscle, and i cannot open it up fully, only halfway.
Asked On : Mon, 3 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  47
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
A dislocated joint is not likely to reduce on its own. Since there is a tendon inflammation, the spasm is more and the reduction is even more difficult. You need to consult your orthopedician for the proper management.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Wed, 5 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor